Covid 19 Update 29 July 2021
COVID 19 Update
England and Scotland: Both countries have announced that as of 4am on 2 August, 2021 fully vaccinated citizens from the USA with vaccines authorized by the food and Drug Administration (FDA) will not have to quarantine when visiting Scotland, England, or Wales.
When visiting the UK from the USA you will have to do the following until further notice:
- Take a Covid PCR test within 72 hours of your departure flight. This can be either a PCR (gold standard) or a lateral flow test as long as the test meets the minimum requirements set by the U.K. Please read the section below "what type of test do I need to take," for more details. You will be required to show this when you check in for your flight and again at border control in the UK
- Complete a passenger locator form within 48 hours of your arrival into the UK. This form is online and there is a link to it in the section below.
- Book and pay for a testing package of 1 PCR test which will be taken on day 2 after your arrival in the country. Arrival day is day 0. This self administered test will be mailed to your hotel, it is simple to take and you simply drop it in a mailbox after completing the test.
- Show proof of your vaccine, i.e. your original vaccine card and proof of residency in USA.
Republic of Ireland: From 19 July travelers from the USA must do the following:
- Complete a passenger locator form online. Passengers should fill out the form during the 48 hours prior to their arrival in the country. To complete the form, you will need your passport details, your phone number and email address, your travel details (including times and dates) and the address where you will stay in Ireland. Following completion of the form you will be issued with an email receipt. Passengers are obliged by law to present their email receipt prior to boarding their flight and to an officer at their point of entry to Ireland
- If you have valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.
- If you do not have valid proof of vaccination, you will need to:
• present evidence of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country
• undergo self-quarantine
• undergo post-arrival testing (this will be provided through the HSE)
Return travel to the USA from either the UK or Ireland
You must take a Covid test within 3 days of travel to the USA for re entry into the country. The CDC has approved the following test which you can pack and take with you.
- The teleBinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Home Test $150 for a pack of six, www.emed.com This test has received FDA emergency use authorization that does not require the user to ship a sample to a lab (and it also doesn't require a prescription from your healthcare provider). Up to 3 people can use this test.
- The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test $50 (plus $15 shipping). Tests are available on this page https://www.azova.com/testing/ellume/ and must be ordered (and received) before you depart the United States. This test if for 1 person.
We truly thank you for your patience, support, and flexibility through all of the challenges we have faced due to Covid in the last two years. The light is at last at the end of the tunnel, we just need to be patient a little longer. It has been great to see all of our UK and Ireland hotel partners open their doors in the last few weeks after months of being shuttered, it gives us hope that normality is just around the corner!
We have listed some FAQs here sghgolf.com/covid-faq, please reach out to us if you have any additional questions not addressed here.